Desktop Alerting for Workstation Notification
Notification pop-up alerts for the desktop
Send an important message to your contacts on their desktops, or to a group of workstations, based on the desktop location.
Whether your team is sharing a workstation or all at their own desktops, they’re usually focused on the job at hand and often not in a position to notice urgent messages delivered by email, SMS or voice call. In this situation, the most efficient way to reach them is by an alert that pops up on the desktop. Completely integrated, desktop alerting makes it easy to do just that by choosing the desktop as a device when crafting your notification.
When a desktop alert is received, the message pops up as an eye-catching screen in front of all other open windows. The pop-up can be large or small, depending on what you have chosen when composing the message. This visibility, along with an identifying sound if you choose, can then provide clear instructions for those who may have missed the message if sent by another mode.
Desktop alerting is an effective way to send an alert in the case where ringing phones and beeping cell phones is not desirable, as in the case of an active shooter. It’s also a great way to reach those who have limited access to email, text and in-bound phone, as is often the case in call centers, restaurants, manufacturing departments and others.
Desktop alerting lets you:
- Broadcast alerts to the desktops of specific individuals, desktops at a specific network address or a set of addresses, or to all the desktops within your network
- Customize pop-up messages with your logo and styling
- Display each desktop message as a small, medium or large pop-up window with associated sounds
- Allow individual contacts to respond, with responses recorded and reported in real time
- Apply automatic authentication using Kerberos technology to authorize each desktop and identify ownership when assigned to a specific contact